Thursday, November 8, 2007

*k5,p2*

A dance class and an orthodontist appointment were spent on socks for Husband.


I really like the patterning on the leg.



I kept the rib, but dropped the twists on the foot. It looks nice, but it oh so boring. Making 2 of these might cause some brain cells to explode. Teeny tiny needles and size 13 feet are not a good match for me right now. (see leg warmer post)

Because I could not bear to knit anymore on that other sock, and I had 2 more dance classes to sit through. I cast on Lenore.


There is no good way to photograph black, at least not for me.


This is a quick, happy, jaunty little knit. I do not have to decide who I will give them to until it gets close to the toe. I have also not decided if I will drop the patterning on the foot.

Lately, I have been giving this foot patterning thing a lot of thought. Often, patterns are hard and time consuming. Then to have that work hidden by a shoe seems a waste. At the same time, plain stockinette is often not enough for a good fit. Dropping the pattern, but keeping the base ribbed used for a pattern, works well sometimes, but not always.

Today I would like to finish spinning singles so that I can ply tomorrow. I think there is enough time in the day.

Guess what I will do with this?


1 comment:

Tan said...

I think the foot patterning on Lenore is going to be uncomfortable in shoes. I left mine in because I wanted it to have that long line of columns, but I may have to go shoeless in them. I made my Frogwarts/Halloween socks without patterning on the foot. I should have kept a rib design like you're doing, but I didn't think of it.