Saturday, January 13, 2007

flap hat done

Here is my flap hat.






I used Mountain Colors and size 6 circs. I have made many hats as gifts, but this one is all for me. It will take its maiden voyage this weekend.



There were also plans show sock progress, but alas, no. I had to alter the the Whitby pattern from a petite woman to a man's size. The leg looked fine, I turned the heel and worked the gusset stitches, then began to worry. It looked too small. As I was working to gusset I was talking myself down from having to frog the whole thing. Michael tried it on and sure enough, it was "a little tight". I rewound the yarn and decided to ditch the pattern as well. All that math down the drain. So I cast on the Cedar Creek pattern from STR, it should be just fine. This pattern is also available from Interweave Knits as a Web Knit. Done by the fabulous Ann Budd and titled Diagonal Rib Socks. I do not know if you need the subscriber password for access.

Tomorrow, the BEST fondue recipe ever!

No comments: