Saturday, February 17, 2007

keeps going and going...

I have learned something important this weekend. It is not possible for me to stop in the middle of a sock project to cast on another. I tried, but could not make myself do it. I should be finished with the first sock I am working on this morning. It will be interesting to see if I can switch at that point. I keep telling myself that the African Grey socks are a plain mindless pattern that will be great to knit during baseball season. Now is the time for something that is a little more fun.

Anyway, while at the yarn shop I picked up this





Louet Gems, fingering, Citrus Orange. This will be my second pair with this yarn. I really like it. I almost bought a purply color to use for a wrap, but managed to control myself. Something unplanned did make its way into my bag. This





A TON of great patterns. I subscribe to Interweave Knits and have knit some of these socks, but there are new ones and older ones that I have not seen, or forgotten. Also 2 of my favorite patterns are in the book, Retro Rib and Merino Lace. I ripped the pages from the magazines and have knit them both 2 times. Now I do not have to worry about losing the magazine pages.

So the questions for today are, #1 will I be able to stop the plain socks and cast on something new, #2 Will the new project be Hedera or Waving Lace Socks, the cover pattern?

No comments: