Tuesday, June 19, 2007

this is going to take some getting used to

I guess what I am experiencing is called "spare time". Yes, I have heard it spoken of, but really I thought people were exaggerating.

Friday night we went to a friends, drank champagne and played cards until very late.

Saturday I gardened, er, pulled weeds. Something that has not been done around here in earnest since 2005.

This morning I lay in bed thinking about the day and I actually had a thought to do more weeding. Youngest Son came in and asked if I would make him Rye Bread. "Yes, I am happy to make Rye Bread." Took my mind right off that whole outside sweating thing. Once the bread was rising, then what? I usually fall asleep at night and wake up in the morning thinking about the most efficient way to get everything on the list done. While I am pretty good at it, it is all consuming. Earlier in the day you could actually find me standing in the living room wondering what to do. Very strange indeed.

So, I ironed shirts and took a walk and knit. Here I am blogging in the middle of the day! Yes Sir, it is going to take some getting used to.

2 comments:

Tan said...

And you know what? It's perfectly OK.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.