Friday, December 14, 2007

holy crap

I just spent $95 mailing packages and I still have one left to send out. Perhaps it is time to have a conversation about continuing this whole Christmas present exchange thing. It may make more sense for people to purchase another present for their household then to spend extra money on shipping. Maybe we could send pictures of what we would have purchased for them and they can decide if they would indeed like that to be at their house? They could use the money they would have spent shipping a gift to us and visa versa. I think this idea has some merit.

Wednesday’s dance class gave me 9 more rows of lace. I am really loving this shawl. The yarn is so soft and is knitting up beautifully. The pattern is just enough to keep me interested. I am using considerably less yarn that I had calculated. I am almost done with the leaf repeats and am also almost done with the first skein of yarn. So I have altered the plan. I will knit leaf repeats until I have used 2 skeins. Switch to the sand dollar repeats with the third skein and begin the edging when it is time for skein 4. Yes, this will be a big shawl. It will be glorious!

I do not want to take the knitting off the needles and pin it out to get a good picture. You will have to take my word for it that all is well. It is currently on 32""cables and I hope it does not need to go up another size. I suppose that is me practicing denial and I should pull on my boot straps and order longer cables. The project no longer fits comfortably in a little project bag. The only other knitting bag I own is a big Loopy Groupie bag, which feels too big.

No more knitting will be done today. Boys begin arriving at 4 for Youngest Son’s birthday party.

No comments: