Wednesday, December 19, 2007

aspen

Spunky Eclectic Fiber Of The Month Club, September - Aspen.

The camera did not pick up what a wonderful sheen this stuff has. OK, the camera probably has that capability, it is the photographer who is lacking skills. The yarn is a Merino/Tencel blend. Soft and shiny, lovely to look at and hold. There are only 2 ounces so I am not sure what to do with it. I wonder if there is enough to make some lacey wrist warmers? Maybe a pretty headband? Only I do not wear headbands, so that means I would have to give it away. I do not think I want to give it away.

December Spunky Club should arrive this week. Last STR club also. Yahoo!

Remember that whole What Was I Thinking When I Agreed To Make A Pair Of Leg Warmer's For Youngest Daughter's Giraffe Legs? She has used the yarn to make her very first sock. I am pretty pleased. If she sits right down and makes the match I will know she is on her way to becoming a fellow Sock Knitter. How great would that be?

1 comment:

Tan said...

I think the sheen comes through. Or maybe it's because I know what merino tencel looks like.

My daughter is on a legwarmer knitting kick. She is knitting knee-high ones, though.