Sunday, May 20, 2007

silkie and bamboo and colors, oh my

If you are a Blue Moon fan you MUST go to Tan's blog and see her latest haul.. OMG! It is beautiful. Thank goodness my yarn budget has been spent this month. I will need to wait a whole 12 days before I call in my order. The Silkie is as wonderful as I expected. And Bamboo? My needles are rattling in their holder to get at it.

I have pulled the needles out of Mock Cable and set the wool aside. I have been using Louet Gems. I love this yarn. I have made 2 pairs of socks with it, one for me, one for Husband and still love the yarn. But this particular color is giving me grief. I can not count the number of socks I have cast one, knit 2 inches and pulled out. It must be a combination of the sheen and the color that is not working for me. I will get back to it another time.

Having pulled out The Mock Cable means that I do not have a pair of socks on the needles. Unbelievable. I think it is a sign that I need to return to my latest design and get serious about getting it finished so that I can submit it.

What do you know about the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival?

No comments: