Wednesday, March 28, 2007

what's that smell?

I think the mousie may have expired in the kitchen. Last night Husband and I pulled things from against walls. Shined flashlights everywhere. The smell is not too strong yet. Kinda a cross between urine and plastic that has gotten too warm. Nice huh? As soon as the sun is up I will check inside all of the cupboards. Our fear is that it crawled down a heating register and we will need to get the ducts sucked.

The bad news is that kitty is missing. Monday morning he brought us another present. This time left outside the kitty door. He was given treats and catnip. As the kids and I left for the zoo and the yarn shop he was on the deck, in the sunshine, happy as can be. That was the last time we saw him. I guess today we will need to make up posters and get them around the neighborhood. We are all very worried.

And because looking for kitty and the strange smell is not enough I have made good progress on the script for Passover. I probably will not get it done today, but tomorrow seems reasonable. Have it printed on Friday and then move on to the rest of the preparations.

I have just about finished the gusset decreases on the second Fire On The Mountain sock. Such a joy to work with.




A simple cable down the side.



My next pair of socks will be for Husband. I managed to run one of his socks through the dryer. OOPS! I will run the other one through then they will fit my oldest daughter. She is very happy, he gets a new pair, I get to knit them. All is well.

No comments: