Thursday, February 7, 2008

fiber, finally

Here is a good old fashioned fiber post.



Up first, Youngest Daughter's 3rd pair of socks.



Do not know the specs. It is good yarn, worsted, with her first cable.



She will soon be making an identical pair for her best friend. She did this with her first/second pairs as well.



Banded Iguana.



I have not measured the WPI, but it looks very Fingering. This is a Merino /Tencle blend from Dragon Fibers. I LOVE Dragon Fibers. It is the first time I have spun this blend and I was surprised that it did not fluff up much in the soak. The finished skein is displayed on the CD wall. I do not have a clue of the yardage. I aslo do not have a clue what I will do with it. My brain has been working for process, not product. For now, it is beautiful on the CD wall.


One sock of Dandelions in Summertime is done. The heel of the second sock is in progress. Oops, I thought this was a picture of a finished sock, oh well, you get the idea.



As soon as this pair is finished I will start on my February Sock Club yarn. The yarn is not actually here yet, but on its way. Loveletters.

No comments: