Wednesday, February 13, 2008

too busy

Too busy to post yesterday, but the first Flap Mitten is done



Malabrigo, #4 needles, 48 stitches around. This mitten is perfect! It is soft and thick and my design came out just right. I am anxious to see how much yarn it will take to make the pair. I do not have a scale and my fingers are totally crossed that one skein will be enough for 2 mittens. Now that we are coming to the end of mitten weather, (sorry Steph, our spring will appear MUCH sooner than yours), I think I will squirrel these away for Youngest Daughter and Hanukkah 2008. I am not a last minute kind of gal.
This afternoon I returned home and found this
It is a valentine present from my aunt. She is so wonderful. One of the truly good people of the world.

Last Sunday's Writer's Group was moved to this Sunday. Too many of us were sick and unable to attend. At the time I thought, "Yipee, I will be able to get so much more done before next Sunday." My continued optimism continues to amaze me. This week has been crazy busy. I have not had time to do much more than order some reference books. I came across a gem of a list. The books are all out of print, but available through the magic of the internet. I suppose I could count that as work. Searching for all those titles, pulling the debit card in and out of the wallet...
Kim is having a book contest on her blog, check it out.




No comments: