Wednesday, April 11, 2007

be still my heart

The yarn store trip was good. First up is this



It is Berroco Alpaca. 50% Alpaca 50% wool. A silver grey with heathers of violet. It will become Dashing. At only $9.00 for the skein I could have gotten out of there with a project and change for a ten. But no....Then there is this





Mountain Colors. I have no idea what this will become. First time in my life I have ever bought a skein of yarn without a plan. This baby was a bit more expensive at $22.00 for 350 yards. Still a light yarn store purchase. And then there was this....



Oh my. It was hard to breath while looking at all of the glorious colors. The blogs are full of Fleece Artist goodness, but I had not seen it in person. It is worth every penny of the $27.00. 70% merino and 30% seacell. It is soft as butter, has a glorious sheen and makes me weak in the knees.



There is even a sock pattern on the ball band. What more could you ask for?

No comments: