Monday, April 2, 2007

a little stress is not a good thing

OK, so maybe it is more than a little stress. Last night I was lying in bed, trying hard to sleep. I knew I had to get up early and get some work done. My heart was beating so hard and my breath was not at all relaxed. How did this happen?


Oldest daughter began a new quarter at college today. This afternoon we get a call to tell us her Anthropology class has been cancelled. Excuse me? You could not have called last week? This should be easy, just pick another class. Only she is officially a High School student, so all college classes have to be signed off by her HS Counselor. It is spring break for the HS!!!


This is the news that awaited me as I walked in the door this afternoon. So we had to head off to the college to try and figure it all out. Why yes, I did have other plans this afternoon. Could I move them? No. Just add it all in and begin a wish to make it all stop.


I just have to make it through the week. Things will be calmer next week. Where have I heard that before? Maybe it is time for a glass of wine.

Glass of wine finished, another begun....

Tonight's meeting went well. Many fewer people than usual. That was fine with me, done by 8:30. Only one snide comment. This person was sitting all the way at the other end of the room, but she made sure she said her comment loud enough so that I could hear, twice. Living well will be the best revenge.


No knitting news. Did not knit a stitch today. No noshing news, cooking begins tomorrow. This is what I picked up for the Afikomen prize. Did you know they made party packs of the plagues? I did not. I did run into a set of plague finger puppets. I did not pick them up at the time, but if they still have them Thursday morning during the clearance sale I just may.




How can something so cute be a plague?

I was planning on giving cash. that is what I received when I was a kid. Youngest Son talked to me about how he thought it would be unfair for one person to get a gift and no one else. Yes, he is that sweet. This way the finder can pass out the prizes to everyone. There are plenty of frogs to go around.

Sleep is coming on. Wahoo!

No comments: