This is what it looks like Friday evening.
I love the colors and it spun up like a dream. Faulkland, I think.
It may be a few days before I am able to do the plying. I am not sure if I will have enough to make socks. I am hoping to use this fiber for my first pair of handspun socks. I am thinking Flower Power.
My plan for the weekend was to finish the Leaf/Sand Dollar Shawl. I had 8 rows of edging before the cast off. No. The chart for the Medallion/Sand Dollar pattern has an error. After much furrowing of the brow I thought I had figured it out. Turns out my fix was not quite right, after a couple of repeats I was unhappy with the result. So I ripped back about 25 rows. Considering that the rows are now about 400 stitches, this was a huge set back. I decided to ditch the medallions and the chart error and add ripples. I am now half way through one ripple repeat. I am also off by one stitch. After the first chart error I am not confident the new chart is correct. The mistake is very hard to see, at least before blocking, and this is a shawl for me, not a gift, so I think I will soldier on for a while longer. She says while crossing her fingers and wondering what sort of good luck talismans are in the house.