Friday, March 21, 2008

happy purim

I was looking for a particularly funny Purim link to post and came across this. Big sigh.




This is my first Baby Surprise Sweater. I know I am probably the last person on the planet to make this particular pattern. I purchased the original pattern from Schoolhouse Press and am having a hard time with Zimmermann’s intuition type knitting. I am all for making things up as you go along, but my intuition does not match hers.

I am using Louet Gems Sportwieght. This yarn is spun so tight that it feels like cotton. It is washer/dryer safe, which is good for a baby sweater, but I do not imagine I will purchase it again.

We do not celebrate Easter, but the kids have always enjoyed an egg hunt. Yes, they are WAY too old to be hunting eggs, but they enjoy it and Husband enjoys hiding them in dastardly places. Tomorrow you will find the kids in the yard and Husband and I on the deck drinking Mimosas. Ah spring.

Happy Easter to all of you doing the Easter thing this Sunday.

6 comments:

Purple Purl Girl said...

Happy Purim! Everyone I know who's made the BS Jacket is flummoxed by the instructions. Stick with it, it works out in the end. Your post about being Jewish & Norwegian was great.
I'm Jewish & Swedish. We know from guilt. Oy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rachelb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rachelb said...

thanks for the sock book rec. - i actually had my local library get it last week and am going to purchase it as there is a TON of info in it!

good luck w/ the BSJ - at some point i plan to do the one in Knitting W/O Tears - the tomten jacket - if i ever get the BSJ pattern i might try that, but i already have the other.. Happy Belated Purim! -and good luck on your chametz cleaning...

Terri said...

rachelb - can't wait to see pics of your socks in progress!

Terri said...

Being a Scandanavian Jew means that you have guilt, but you are not alllowed to talk about it!