Wednesday, March 12, 2008

i love bluebirds

Please join me on a mental visual. Picture a path, a glowing, silver path with sparkly purple edges. This is the path of writing a book. Now put me on the path, I am happily skipping along, my hair is shiny and swinging from side to side. As I move down the path I turn my head to gaze upon a sweet little bluebird perched in a tree, SLAM! That slam is me receiving a full body check from the publishing industry. It seems I have a little work to do. A great book is all well and good, but I need to provide a "platform". Sheesh, I thought that was the publishers job.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Thanks for following my blog, I'm going to rss yours! :D

A "platform" sounds like people you already know who you will agree to buy it ahead of time; am I getting that right? That sounds a bit odd. What genre are you publishing in if I may ask?