Monday, March 3, 2008

today's mail

This is what Mailman brought today.


Spunky Eclectic Club, February's colorway. This is so not my color. In fact this is the third shipment I have received that is so not my color. I loved the colors she dyed last fall, and I love being exposed to different fibers, but I am done. This is the third bag of fiber that I will not be spinning. I have cancelled my membership. She has TONS of people in the club, she will not miss me one bit. If this is your color then I recommend the club. Very affordable and a wide variety of fibers.

Then there is this



This is the March instalment of my sock club. This is by Sanguine Gryphon. I new yarn for me, as per club rules. It is lovely. The base yarn feels very much like Fleece Artist. The color is Phardo. When I ordered it, my monitor showed it as a steely gray. When I opened the package, in bright sunlight, the yarn was surprisingly green. The next day it was sitting on my dresser, deep gray. Even when I held it and turned it over I could not find a trace of green. This is very tricky yarn indeed. I am looking forward to knitting it up. I will design something Celtic and cabled to match the moody sea colors of this yarn.

No comments: