Tuesday, March 25, 2008

wordpress

About a month ago I had reached the boiling over point with Blogger. If you were up late reading blogs you may have been subjected to my rant. I deleted the post the next day, it was SO not in keeping with the "not too much swearing" part of my blog title.

Right now my biggest issue is being able to respond to comments. Blogger does not give me an email address for people leaving comments. I would like to acknowledge them and answer questions. It may be time to leave Blogger and move to Wordpress.

I have registered Knit & Nosh over there, but am wondering if it will be a wise move. What do y'all think? Your personal dealings, anecdotes and advice about Wordpress is much appreciated.

3 comments:

Mo said...

I used Blogger for about a month before giving up on it. Now I have my blog at Wordpress and I really like it. It took a little while to figure out some fine points - how to finagle the GUI - but after that it's been smooth sailing.

Tan said...

Margene who has the Zeneedle blog http://zeneedle.typepad.com/zeneedle_process_of_art/
speaks highly of typepad.

Ginger said...

I use Wordpress, hosted at knitblog.com, and am VERY happy with it. I have a couple of friends who use the free Wordpress and I have never heard them complain. You might want to think about getting a Flickr account if you don't already have one, makes it easier to store photos, especially if you think you might be changing blog hosts again at any time in the future. If you have any specific questions just ask.