Saturday, August 18, 2007

i'm going to disneyland

I washed the smelly wool not once, but twice. It still had an odor, but much less. I hung it outside in the sunshine to dry. As the sun went down we lit a fire and I moved the skeins into the smoke drift area. This morning they went back out with the sun. By afternoon they smelled fine. There was a little sheep smell, just a little. The yarn has also become fluffed up, but not any softer. I am glad these socks are meant for myself. If this yarn was to be a gift I would need to buy something else.



This is what I did while waiting for the wool to dry.



This is the Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays. The yarn is really a tweedy brown and they are gorgeous! The socks are for Dad, he will love them

The pattern is quite simple for such dramatic results. Husband tried them on and immediately wanted a pair. I think I will make his in red.

That will be the last picture I am able to post until Saturday. Daughters, with camera, left this morning for Disneyland. Youngest Daughter has not been to Disneyland since she was 2 years old, so this is essentially her first time. She is SO excited.

1 comment:

Tan said...

Your socks are gorgeous!