Friday, August 31, 2007

pass out

Here is an embarrassing thing for a mother to admit. I do not handle doctors, or injuries, or talk of treatments, at all. It has always been this way. When I was in high school my father was diagnosed with diabetes. While he was in the hospital the nurses had us practice giving shots with an orange. They gave me the orange and the needle, they said something about just under the skin, and that was it. The next thing I know people are grabbing things out of my hands and trying to keep me from hitting the ground. Happened again when Oldest Son was a little guy. He had a high fever and I took him to the emergency room. They drew blood and the next thing I know there is a large male nurse standing next to me with smelling salts. It was at that point that husband took over any real medical issues. Until yesterday.



This morning Oldest Daughter is having 6 teeth removed. Yesterday we were sitting in the oral surgeons office, they were telling us what to expect. I started to shift in my chair. I really wanted to lay down. They kept talking about stitches and salt welter and medication. It was too much. I could feel myself getting pale and starting to sweat. I was wishing I had thought to have Husband deal with this. This morning I am wondering if I will be able to handle it all when we arrive home. Just typing this is causing me a bit of a freak out. I will try to be strong.


While in the waiting room I will be working on this.


This is the newest Rockin Sock Club sock. I think it is called the summer of lace. In this pic you can see the ankle ribbing. Here it is with the cuff folded down.

It is cute and flirty.

This is already in the car, just in case.

Not having worked a heel in the middle is making this rather boring. Round and round and round on size 1's. After measuring I think I will need 9 sets of stripes before I start the toe. I will do the afterthought heel before I begin the second sock. I am just not sure what to expect. If I hate it I can make the second sock in the regular fashion and redo the first one. Oh please, do not let that happen.

No comments: