Friday, September 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Erin!

At this time, 18 years ago I was sitting on the living room couch in a state of mild panic. It was true, this baby was really going to born. Then what? I had read every book in print on pregnancy and childbirth. I was still not ready. I had never actually spent any time with children, what was I thinking?

All of that mattered not to you. You came along just the same. The first girl. Boy was that a big deal. You were a red head and cranky from the get go. Luckily for us all you calmed down after a few months.

You turned into a cute little red head who wore princess dresses and strapped on a sword. You could slay the dragon yourself, no prince required.

We all knew you were a smart one. Then you proved it by starting college at 16.

Now here we are, 18 years later. You are smart and beautiful and joy to be around. You do not suffer fools lightly or go quietly out into the world. What ever it is you decide to do with your life you will be damn good at.

I am thankful for everyday.

No comments: